You can be a part of SoleMates for any athletic event, whether you are planning to run, walk, bike, swim or more!
We are seeking male and female joggers, runners, walkers, etc. to raise money for Girls on the Run scholarships for our 2016-17 season.
Participants are asked to raise a minimum of $262 by their race date. Training is free.
Our next group training program will begin July 2016- Oct 2017, meeting every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday morning. However, if you want to train for a race outside of this time frame you can still be a SoleMate!
Email email@example.com or call (864) 455-3132 or 864-455-4001 for more information.
What is SoleMates?
SoleMates is the charity running “leg” of GOTR and uses the power of running to make a difference in the lives of our girls. We are male and female athletes who pursue individual goals, such as running a half marathon, to raise money for our local Girls on the Run council. 100% of funds raised through our SoleMates participants stay in the Greenville area and are used to scholarship girls for our programs.
Athletes can participate in ANY event, but each participant is asked to raise a minimum of $262 within 30 days of completing their event. If you do not raise the $262 you will be personally responsible for this amount. Girls on the Run of Greenville Health System is a 501(c)3 organization and all individual donations are tax deductible.
Be a Girls on the Run SoleMate and raise money for our local Greenville Health System Children's Hopsital Council! Our goal for 2016-17 is to have 30+ runners raising $15,000.All running abilities welcome!
Perks and Goodies for SoleMates
Girls on the Run of Greenville Health System provides the following for all SoleMates:
- Easy Online Registration
- Welcome Packet and exclusive Girls on the Run SoleMates technical t-shirt upon registration
- Fun incentive prizes for participants exceeding fundraising minimum
- Your own easy fundraising webpage
- Group Training Runs with opportunities for social post-run coffee/happy hours with fellow SoleMates
- 10% Discount at Run In
- 12-visit Life Center guest pass
- Discounted race entry fee (certain races apply)
- A sense of pride from making a difference in the life of a girl!
Steps to Becoming a SoleMate
- Join SoleMates. Pay a one-time $26 sign-up fee and agree to raise at least $262 within 30 days of completing your event. Click here
- Register for your event of choice. Popular SoleMates' races include the Spinx Run Fest and Savannah Rock 'n' Roll.
- Begin fundraising and training...
Please contact us with any questions:
Kim Hein, Council Director, (864) 455-4001
Krista Young, Program Coordinator, (864) 455-3132