March of Dimes NICU Family Support
March of Dimes NICU Family Support is a program that provides informational support and comfort to families with a baby in the NICU. This program enables a NICU Family Support Specialist to be on site and offers a number of services to help families adjust to the NICU setting. These services include:
- Providing families with special information at the time of admission and at the time of discharge to help familiarize them with what to expect and their important role as a parent
- Offering educational groups which bring NICU families together to learn about topics that that focus on the NICU environment, participating in your baby’s care and preparing for going home
- Offering special activities that celebrate important milestones and help families connect with their new baby
- Providing materials and resources to siblings to help them understand the baby's condition and their role as a big brother or sister.
- Facilitating family centered care practices throughout the NICU experience
Should you have any questions regarding March of Dimes NICU Family Support, or your NICU stay, you may contact the NICU Family Support Specialist at 455-1687.
March of Dimes® March for Babies®
Can you imagine a day when every baby is born healthy? We can. With your support, Greenville Health System (GHS) in partnership with the March of Dimes® will continue to champion the needs of newborns.
Please join GHS in our continued support for the March of Dimes by walking in the 2013 March for Babies®. Many GHS employees have a long-standing commitment to the March of Dimes and have shown great dedication to the cause. Whether you are a long-time supporter or want to make a commitment for the first time, we encourage you to walk with us or make a donation.